11:47 AM

What's in a name logo? 

Leonardo Dicaprio in the 1996 version of Romeo and Juliet.  Kasey, my best friend, introduced me to the film.  If you haven't watched it, you need to.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a lover of all things dark and unusual. These same people are probably quite surprised by how beautiful and feminine my logo is.  Well, there is some significance behind it. 
I grew up in a really beautiful neighborhood.  I loved walking around by myself and exploring it any chance I got.  I lived there from birth, yet I always found something new to make the wheels in my brain start turning.  My favorite time to explore my neighborhood was after a huge storm.  I loved the smell of the rain.  I loved the way the street looked when all of the debris collected on the asphalt.  To this day, when I smell the rain, I can close my eyes and I am right back in that neighborhood, doe-eyed and daydreaming.  I was lucky, because even though I loved to wander off every now and then, one of my favorite parts of my neighborhood was my own backyard.  To me, it was gigantic.  It was about half an acre.  I didn't see that, though.  I saw another world, another dimension that needed to be explored. 
The most fascinating thing to me about my backyard was the huge tree that stood to the back left of it.  How could something be so big!?  Magic.  It was obviously magic. It was a magnolia tree.  The smell of the flowers was utterly intoxicating.  I always tried jarring up that smell, but it never lasted.  I always imagined that the wood nymphs and fairies who lived in the tree would come and steal the smell back while I was sleeping.  I didn't blame them. I would do it, too, if I were them.  
The Labyrinth was always a favorite of mine.  I hated that Hoggle was killing all of the fairies, even though they were horrible little creatures that bit people.

While on my little adventures, I vividly remember always using my hands as a sort of imaginary camera.  I found beauty in things that a lot of people probably wouldn't look at twice.  I didn't have a camera or any other fancy equipment, but I was already a photographer.  I had my two hands and my wild imagination and that's all I needed.  That little girl is who I try to channel every single day.

I hope you all will enjoy viewing my blog as much as I will enjoy creating it.  Picture posts will be starting soon. Thanks for reading.

XOXO,
Amber




You Might Also Like

0 comments